With Brexit at the centre of most recent news articles, it is easy to forget that the Government’s guarantee to underwrite the UK’s full European Structural and Investment Fund allocation until the end of 2020 means that it isn’t too late to secure European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and European Social Fund (ESF) support to take projects forward. In many cases, funds remain to be allocated from the initial programme allocations and the exchange rate adjustment means that LEP areas now have more money available than originally anticipated.
Recently released calls for projects across much of the country provide opportunities to fund a diverse range of activities including SME support, research & innovation, low carbon and workforce development. Details of live calls for projects can be found here:
There are currently 125 live calls for projects, all with closing dates over the next three months and the majority with a deadline before the end of November 2018 to submit an outline application.
ekosgen has extensive experience of working on European programmes, including programme development, preparing successful funding bids and conducting project and programme evaluations. Examples of project applications our team have worked on include:
· The National Graphene Institute, Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre and a programme of business support services
· Energy House 2 capital development and revenue business support services
· UCLan’s Engineering Innovation Centre
· Two new build enterprise centres in Somerset
· An aerospace innovation facility in the South West
· The North East Ambition pilot
· The Chorley Employment Inclusion Programme
If you would like any support in preparing your ERDF or ESF application please contact Kirsten Powell on 0845 644 3023 or email Kirsten.email@example.com.